Evinrude E-TEC 10 Amp Fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evinrude E-TEC 10 Amp Fuse

Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Evinrude E-Tec engine. The engine suddenly stopped with no electrical power to the starter or trim. Limped back in with the trolling motor. Later figured out it was the 10 Amp fuse on the engine that blew. Is this a common problem?

I have a 90 E-tec -- Havent had the fuse blow but I have had the computer take a crap on it. I was dead in the water -- luckily I was only a little ways from the dock and it was still under warranty. I did notice in checking things during that time that mine has an extra fuse on board though.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks. I found the extra fuse after I figured out the problem. That would have been nice to know instead of puttering in on the trolling motor. Sure glad I had a full charge on the batteries.

Comment

Good advice Mike!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trseato View Post
          Thanks. I found the extra fuse after I figured out the problem. That would have been nice to know instead of puttering in on the trolling motor. Sure glad I had a full charge on the batteries.
          Good to know.
          "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Man, Ive heard you better have warranty cause that run module aint cheap,like 2500 bones, Thank goodness it was just your 10 amp fuse...so what caused it too blow?
            West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
              Man, Ive heard you better have warranty cause that run module aint cheap,like 2500 bones, Thank goodness it was just your 10 amp fuse...so what caused it too blow?
              I wish I knew why it blew. I had just restarted the engine and was running slow to get out of shallow water. It just quit. A new boat to me. 1989 Hydra-Sport w/2008 175 E-TEC. Have had it out several times with no problem. Finding that Evinrude had put a holder for an extra fuse next to the fuse makes me think this may be a frequent problem. I spent today cleaning the battery terminals and other corroded terminals on the boat. Otherwise, I don't have a clue.

Comment

Get ready, and hope your still under warranty. I have a customer that had fuse blowing issues on his 150 etec we traced and traced ran on diagnostic system, never found the problem. After about the 5th time it blew, computer took a dump. 2200.00 later, has not had a issue since.
                Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                4340 19th St.
                Bacliff, Texas 77518
                http://evansmarine.net
                http://boatwerxtx.com
                main@boatwerxtx.com
                281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Originally posted by evansmarine View Post
                  Get ready, and hope your still under warranty. I have a customer that had fuse blowing issues on his 150 etec we traced and traced ran on diagnostic system, never found the problem. After about the 5th time it blew, computer took a dump. 2200.00 later, has not had a issue since.
                  Thanks, not the news I was hoping for. What happens when the computer dumps?

Comment

Originally posted by trseato View Post
                    Thanks, not the news I was hoping for. What happens when the computer dumps?
                    Dead in the water! Once you get towed to the dock you get to spend 2 grand replacing it. There are some LED's on the computer. If it wont start and it's not the fuse check to see if they are on. If not, well .. it's bad.
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                      Dead in the water! Once you get towed to the dock you get to spend 2 grand replacing it. There are some LED's on the computer. If it wont start and it's not the fuse check to see if they are on. If not, well .. it's bad.
                      Exactly!
                      Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                      (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                      4340 19th St.
                      Bacliff, Texas 77518
                      http://evansmarine.net
                      http://boatwerxtx.com
                      main@boatwerxtx.com
                      281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
                        .....if you have the means I would suggest that you start saving up for a Yamaha!!
                        I know it was probably late when posted this, but had to fix it for you.
                        Today is a new day!!

Comment

Im eating popcorn right now so continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
                            .....if you have the means I would suggest that you start saving up for a Merc!!
                            I already have an anchor Rocky.
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

x2 LOL!
                              Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                              I already have an anchor Rocky.
                              West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Working...
                              X