Trailer question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer question.

Does this look right? Are these typically suppose to rust like this?? I am asking becaue I have no idea.

Thanks,

DBClick image for larger version

Name:	trailer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	572556
    KEEP IT WET..

YUP! Torsion axles... Our first trailer did that and rusted through ended up having to get a new axle to get the skis out of the water.

Do you keep it on the Island? That was our problem...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
      YUP! Torsion axles... Our first trailer did that and rusted through ended up having to get a new axle to get the skis out of the water.

Do you keep it on the Island? That was our problem...
      No it is on a boat that I am thinking of buying and he is in the hill country. Trailer is a 2010, just doesn't seem right to me. \I don't want to have to buy a new trailer for this thing.
      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
        No it is on a boat that I am thinking of buying and he is in the hill country. Trailer is a 2010, just doesn't seem right to me. \I don't want to have to buy a new trailer for this thing.
        That's a cast piece and just surface rust. It shouldn't be any problem. The plate between the I-beam and the galvanized mounting plate on the axle will fail first, and it looks just fine.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I've had the rust on mine for two years , just surface rust , you can buff it off and paint it with high heat paint if you want , but there is nothing wrong with it

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2
          I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

X10 the axle looks normal,now what about a pic of the boat???
            West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Looking at it Monday and if I like it then she will be in the driveway.
              KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
                Looking at it Monday and if I like it then she will be in the driveway.
                What is she?
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                  What is she?

21ft haynie cat. Price tag on the 2013 shoalwater was 58k. I want to buy that one but geeezz that is a lot of mula.
                  KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Whoa nice bote
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Looks like Simple Surface Rust, I would just use a steel brush on it & spray it down with WD40 or primer & paint it with some chrome paint to make it look nicer. or you can just use some axle grease on it after you use the steel brush that will probably help it from Rusting anymore! Good Luck!!

Comment

Working...
                      X