New Trailer Slicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Trailer Slicks

Thanks to Paul Marx for going waaaay out of his way to get me a 30"X48"piece of polypropylene so I could make some bunk slicks for my new trailer. I'm finally picking it up in POC next Friday.

For some reason vertically formatted pics from my desktop are shown sideways on this site.
    Attached Files
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Nice! I believe they are called 'slides'. Why PP rather than Polyethylene?? Just curious.
    "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
      Generally polypropylene has demonstrated certain advantages in improved strength, stiffness and higher temperature capability over polyethylene.
      PP(polypropylene) is cheaper than PE(polyethylene) generally, but it's wear and abrasion resistance is usually less. However, a copolymer(mixture of PP and PE) would even up their performance. Straight PP alone has very little impact strength vs. HDPE(5 gallon bucket material)High Density Polyethylene.

Are you or have you been in the plastic business G340?
      "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

I don't know or care which poly it is. It's what Paul had.
        I ripped it to 4.5", drilled & counter sunk the screw holes, turned the edges with the router and wet sanded the holes & edges. They're for my Flatscat and the inside edge of the hulls will be on carpet, but the outside edge will be on the slicks. We'll see how quick it comes off the trailer!
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

i want to be there for the fist launch.....
          lets un hook it and slam on the brakes....seee what kind of olympic water entry we get....LMAO
          Captain Glenn Stevens
          Coastal Guide Service
          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

I tie it up to the dock first, then I back up and hit the brakes!
            Did you guys get the bulls today??
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by galveston340
              .....kenny, be very careful loading and unloading the boat as those things are slicker than owl snot on a dead rat.
              x100000000000

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marx
                Kenny , just don't try and unhook it at an angle . The winch handle can KNOCK YOU DOWN.
                This ain't my first rodeo!
                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                X