CMC Jack Plate parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMC Jack Plate parts?

I need a replacement screw for my jack plate. It is the one on top that allows you to refill the hydraulic fluid. Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Or what size they should be. I have to tap the old one out, and I want to have the replacement down there when I do so. I have had no luck searching online. Seem like it would be a standard size stainless steel allen headless set screw.

I do not know what size but I do not think they are stainless for the fill plug.

Comment

Thanks rdb. I just assumed they were stainless since every other bolt on the boat is. But I really don't know.

Comment

My father in law has the same issue with his - bolt is corroded to the point of not being functional -- we've yet to have to add fluid but the time is coming. I had planned on asking the mechanics at the boat shop I normally use when the time comes. Maybe you could shoot Evans Marine a PM and see if he can help you out. Surely he's run across this before.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

By "standard" do you mean sae and not metric? It would probably help if you posted a pic. The fill ports I have seen are uaually on the side of the ram and they have a head with a seal/washer, but yours sounds different. If the screw has no head, you should be able to measure it's diameter to get some idea of what you need to look for.

Be careful drilling out the old screw. You don't want to get metal shavings in the oil. I recommend puting some grease on the drill bit while drilling to catch the shavings.

Good luck!!
          "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Thanks Ibtsoom, I'll try that. Unfortunately the jack already leaks fluid so it has to be refilled every month or so. Now it is just completely static until I refill.

Comment

When I said standard, I just meant typical. I am only drilling partially then using a tap to remove so that there is no chance of getting shavings in there. I think I may have found them online at home depot actually. They call it a crown bolt stainless steel set screw.

Comment

They are only like $.84 for a two pack. I'll prob just buy every size that is close and return the ones I don't need after the procedure. Thanks for everyone's help

Comment

CMC stands for Cook manufacturing corp. I think they are closed now but the # is 800-654-3697. give them a call and im sure they can help ya out.
                  fish caller

Comment

Originally posted by HEEEREFISHYFISHY View Post
                    CMC stands for Cook manufacturing corp. I think they are closed now but the # is 800-654-3697. give them a call and im sure they can help ya out.
                    X2, give them a call. i have purchased parts from them in the past.

Gater

Comment

Working...
                    X