No announcement yet.

Hull full of gas! What the H***!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the tank under the floor? If so, the fill tube that connects to the tank or the vent line could be loose or cracked letting gas out or water in (if the bildge has a water level at any time). I don't know if You have an inspection port to see the fill tube or not, but that same tube got loose (after working on the fuel pump)on My truck once and put gas all over the place on a fillup. Just thinkin,
    Beandaddy
    Last edited by Beandaddy; July 30, 2009, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tholmes3 View Post
      Sounds like an interesting idea, RonE, any way I could coax you with a case of a particular ice cold beverage and some snacks?
      A whole case of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale? Sure, just bring the boat to Rockport. Just kidding!

Getting a low pressure gauge and then getting it hooked up to the fill spout or some where in the fuel line or vent line is probably a pain in the butt but still less trouble and expense than ripping the floor (deck) out of the boat....And it might come to that afterall if you cannot find the leak. There are "ports" that you can buy and install in the deck that can be opened for access if you know where to place them that would give you access to replace broken or cracked hoses or replace a fuel gauge sending unit gasket.

I would certainly resolve the problem before I ran the boat, gas in the bilges is a nasty thing. I have seen a boat that blew up because of gasoline in the bilges. (it even had a vent fan)
      Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Working...
      X