Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb linkage

Howdy all,

I picked up an late 70s vintage johnyrude 85 a few months back to use on my languishing boat project. When I was getting ready to pull the lower unit (this one came right off) I was messing with the carb linkage for kicks. I noticed the linkage was moving free but it hardly moved the butterflies on the carbs. The previous owner said he was into the carbs to degunk them and after that it'd die off idle. I'm wondering if maybe something is backwards with the linkage that might be causing the problem. Or maybe I'm just a stupid dummy head looking past something and all is well. The carbs are off right now but I was hoping to go through them and put it all back together tomorrow. So I made a little video before I took it apart, I was hoping would explain it to those who are much more knowledgeable about outboards than I am.

Thanks a bunch

Travis

When I grow up I want to be, One of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisherman.

push it from the bottom where the cable connects. The arm is 2 piece and spring loaded so pus hard past the stop.

Comment

The only thing I can think that might stop it from moving further is if it is in nuetral. I believe the unit must be in gear to allow full throttle movement. Just a thought.
      "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Working...
      X