CMC or Bob Jack Plate ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMC or Bob Jack Plate ???

I am debating which hydraulic Jack Plate is best for my boat. I owned a Scout 187 sportsfishing center console with 150hp 4 stroke Yami and have problem getting into shallow area no less than 2' of water. I would love to hear from the boat owners of CMC and Bob Jack plate of the Pros & Cons. Where's the best place to purchase and install in Galveston area? If possible the average cost to own one. Thanks in advance. Merry Christmas to all.

Any jack plate will help. I like my 11 year old CMC just fine. I have a small skiff and no place for an external pump.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Bobs action jack is awesome fast and all contained unit with no external pump.
      Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
      (AKA Evans Marine Services)
      4340 19th St.
      Bacliff, Texas 77518
      http://evansmarine.net
      http://boatwerxtx.com
      main@boatwerxtx.com
      281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Bob's

I have owned both and my regular/external pump Bob's JP has given me ZERO issues. My displeasure with CMC was due to the dealer install. CMC claims that no lubrication is neccessary. I found that to be BS. I would have to hit it with WD40 after every trip to keep it running smooth.

My Bob's was installed by this little shop in Bacliff - Evans Marine - I think they're still around

PM evansmarine for a quote after you decide what you want.
        Last edited by buoy37; December 16, 2012, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Bobs all the way. Much faster than my old cmc.
          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

I had a CMC jack plate on my Majek for 10 years and never had an issue with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Txsalt View Post
              I had a CMC jack plate on my Majek for 10 years and never had an issue with it.

Did CMC recently change ownership?

Comment

Working...
              X