Power Lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Lift

Does anyone know if I hit a shell reef or Geotube or some solid submerged obstruction on a boat motor with an electric power lift will it release and come up ?I have a 2013 "Black Knight"(mercury) EFI 30HP with power lift. Im almost dying to try it and see. Sooner or later. Also, I know to keep the water pump intake below the water level to keep from overheating the engine but what about the oil supply going to the internals to keep from burning the engine up from lack of lubrication when it is tilted? This seems more critical but I am more concerned with that than the water pump. Either is bad, and for sure whopping something with the lower end is also. Anyone know ?
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Are you talking about a Hydraulic Jack Plate or power tilt and trim?

In either case DO NOT go run into something solid to try it out.. Hopefully this is some other lift contraption that I havent heard of because the two above will not help you it you hit something solid.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Its a power tilt trim. I gotta know cause Im old and cant see to well even with polarized glasses. And fishing chocolate is the challenge.Im trying to contac Merc but that's a long drawn out affair. When the boat is on the trailer I have tried lifting the engine but it wont budge. That's whats scary!! Plus the water and oil issues if its tilted to much.
      "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Power Lift

Power trim is not made to give way if you hit something hard. Caution is your friend. Go slow and map out your routes on a GPS. That way you can mark obstructions and re-track where you've been if need be.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Tilting the motor will NOT affect the oil in the engine. If the Power tilt isn't working then I wouldn't worry about what it will or won't do if you hit something. I'm not familiar with Mercs but on every other engine I've owned, you pull the long horizontal bolt that's through the engine mount under the engine to unlock the motor.
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

If you want to hit logs with your motor get a surface drive. They are made for pure abuse.

Running from the Trinity River to Miller Lake then on into Lake Charlotte.

Gator Tail Outboards are the toughest mud motors and surface drive boats on the planet. Gator Tail can take you places you never thought possible.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
            X