220 Gulf Coast boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 220 Gulf Coast boat

I am looking to buy a used 2008 model 220 Gulf Coast boat? Need inputs from previous Gulf Coast owner what are the pros and cons of the boat. I have no ideas that this boat can take me out to the Galveston jetties and back. Please give advises of what to look for in a used boat. Thanks in advance.

Not the fastest, or the shallowist running boat, but the Gulf Coast is a good all around boat.. I used to run mine all around East MAdagorda Bay and took it off-shore when it was fairly calm. You'll have no problems fishing the jetties. Hogie runs one, he may chime in soon.

Comment

It's a good boat. Like a lot of boats, the hull was splashed from a Whaler. Some folks think that the console is too far forward and that it's a "heavy hull".
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

220 Gulf Coast boat

The 22 low side is the best boat on the water hands down. Mine does everything I ask it to do. Everyone who has ever owned on has said the worst mistake they ever made was getting rid of their gulf coast. Lol
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

220 Gulf Coast boat

Seems like I go on Keith's boat I catch fish. Must be the GC.

Comment

If you go out on the GC with Keith, you WILL catch fish...period.
            TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

220 Gulf Coast boat

I have an 08 20 LS that I was going to sell. But I think people are right about regretting selling them as I talked myself out it. Being that its a tunnel boat do not expect it back up well. You will need to go slow and easy docking for awhile until you get it figured out. It is the driest boat I've ever owned. I run mine at the jetties regularly, ran it to the near shore rigs, and tarpon fish it regularly. It steep chop it isn't the smoothest riding boat it them again I've been in much worse. My main complaint with mine is speed. I have a 150 and full of fuel it's only running 35ish top end and cruises 28-30. I know I'm over propped but if its floating on mud bottom it will get up. I'm overall happy with it and unless I just come across an amazing deal on another boat ill be fishing this one awhile

Comment

220 Gulf Coast boat

The GC is a fish magnet lol. It seems like all you need is a dip net. Once the GC gets in range the fish just surrender. Lmao
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Keith, is your boat for sale
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                  X