New Boat stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Boat stereo

I'm going to install a new system on the boat either this weekend or next. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to get. One thing I'm debating on is just having an aux input. I don't really see the need to get a head unit when I have music, radio, and pandora on my iphone. Could I just get an amp and have the aux cord running out of that? I'm trying to keep it in the 300 dollar range. I don't know anything about stereos/wiring so any help is appreciated.

$80 Boss stereo at BPS. They all crap out in 2-3 years, so why spend big money on what is gonna need to be replaced.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
      $80 Boss stereo at BPS. They all crap out in 2-3 years, so why spend big money on what is gonna need to be replaced.
      So why get one in the first place? The only music I would play throught it would be from my iphone.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
        So why get one in the first place? The only music I would play throught it would be from my iphone.
        Good earphones and You are done. IMO
        Beandaddy

Comment

Alex, I got a blue tooth speaker made by Monster for $ 100.00 and put Velcro on the dash of the boat and golf cart. We just take it wherever we want and it rocks.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I've been thinking along the same lines as you...just going with the AUX input with a couple speakers and amp but I've also been looking in the docking system for the Lowrance system (two speakers and the docking system under my console, no head unit) since that is what I have on my boat. If I'm understanding it correctly it will be displayed on my GPS screen.

Comment

New Boat stereo

I have a lowrance too.. I'm curious to how that works. Right now I think I'm going to go with 2 6.5" JL audio speakers and a 4 channel fusion amp.

Comment

I have a lowrance too.. I'm curious to how that works. Right now I think I'm going to go with 2 6.5" JL audio speakers and a 4 channel fusion amp.
                Yeah...I'm not real sure how it works either. I think it would be pretty cool if you had the touch screen model but mine is the regular HDS7 and I'm in no mood to replace it at this time. If I'm not mistaken, I believe it's made by Fusion.

Comment

AudioPipe makes a small receiver/head that is about three and a half inches across. Works with you phone via BlueTooth I know for sure, but not sure if it has any AUX inputs. They have one set up in the office over at Evans Marine if you want to take a look.

Comment

New Boat stereo

I've got a radio cooler and I've just got a kenwood car head unit(not "waterproof") and 2 alpine speakers. It does the job and then some in the boat. I put a sub and an amp that only powers the sub in it and it's a little much. You can get a kenwood marine head unit on amazon for around 100 or a little more and the alpine speakers I picked up for 85$. I'm happy with how they work.
                    Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

I've admired Coe's radio cooler (like Primer's) and am in the process of emulating it with a Sony marine head and speakers "kit" I got at Academy for $99 ($149 reg. price). It includes the aux jack and an SD card slot. I want AM/FM as well as plugging in Pandora from the iphone.
                      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I need to install something on the boat and was thinking along these same lines. Please post a update when you get it completed. Guns up!
                        Proud supporter of Oak Ridge High School Athletics?

Comment

New Boat stereo

Originally posted by Kent St Skiff View Post
                          I need to install something on the boat and was thinking along these same lines. Please post a update when you get it completed. Guns up!
                          Will do.

Comment

Working...
                          X