Lowrance DSI vs HDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowrance DSI vs HDI

Shopping for a gps/ deptfinder for the boat. I want something simple and the Mark series from Lowrance looks like a bargain. I can't for the life of me figure out the difference between DSI (down scan imaging) and HDI (hybrid dual imaging). The price difference is negligible so i just want to know which one gives a more useful picture of the bottom terrain to pick out underwater structure in relatively shallow water.

Thanks a bunch

Travis
    When I grow up I want to be, One of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisherman.

I have an Elite 7 HDI. I think the HDI is like an x-ray type image whereas the DSI is the regular image-I use the regular image-the HDI is like monochrome orange and black-sorta erases away the BS. Personally, I think it is just a technical sales pitch for a different screen image.

Your timing is good-the 2013 models are in close-out, so look around and you'll save maybe $200+.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I thought you used the end of a rod tip like me to scout the bottom of west bay robalo

Comment

HAR ! Cajun depth finder .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
          I thought you used the end of a rod tip like me to scout the bottom of west bay robalo
          Lol.

Comment

thanks for the advice. i ended up getting the last elite 4 on sale at bass pro shop. the hdi did look gimmicky and not worth any extra. pleased with my purchase i think it'll do everything i need.
            When I grow up I want to be, One of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisherman.

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
              Naw, I use a split bamboo pole-when it vibrates good, you be on shell. I understand from Aqua pimp you just use your lower unit and prop to find reefs!!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Pvc pipe works good, too.

Comment

Working...
                X