Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire Help

Hey Guys,

I re-wired my boat and have taken the boat out for a test run and everything works but when I started to tie wrap all the wires neatly under the console I found one light brown wire that I overlooked. I traced the wire back to the engine (98' Yamaha 200) I don't have any idea what the brown wire purpose is? I would appreciate your help...Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image(6).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	575369

It looks like it is a ground wire, but I am not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Ghandi

Comment

This might help: http://www.maxrules.com/fixyamahawiring.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Ghandi

Comment

Thanks for the color wire code link seafox....The wiring on this boat was a mess, almost everything was spliced together and just wrapped with electrical tape. This brown wire was not in the engine harness sleeve so I must have assumed it was the pos. side of either one of the bilge pumps or washdown motor. I will probably check with Bryan at Evans Marine.

Comment

It looks like it is attached to some kind of sensor.
          Wish I could help.

Comment

Looks like a temperature sending unit.
            "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
            boom

Comment

Evans Marine solved my issue!! Thanks again Bryan.

Comment

What was it?
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Temp sensor

Comment

Bingo boom !
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by TxIslandGuy View Post
                      Evans Marine solved my issue!! Thanks again Bryan.
                      .....Thanks for the Kudo's! Good bunch at the shop that know how to fix your issues.

Comment

That's a neutral/ground wire. Be sure its not cracked and grounding against any other wires. Also be sure to wrap with electrical tape anything in the bundle that could ground to the cal or block while running. could make for a irritating short day.

Comment

Working...
                        X