Rough yamaha 150 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough yamaha 150 4 stroke

Been running a yammie 150 4 stroke the last couple of years with no problems. Recently I started to notice the engine idling rough and was rough at lower rpm's. With the current prop it will usually get up to 6k rpms. Recently I can only get it up to about 4800 rpms. I've been running sea foam and other fuel conditioner to see if that works but I'm not noticing any difference. Any suggestions? I wanted to trouble shoot it a little before I take it in.

anyone??

Comment

Have you checked the spark plugs?

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

May want to check your fuel filters. That motor aint use to sitting up that long lol..... I'll be down there Monday, leave me the keys and I will come run it for you every now and then LOL.

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......
        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Haven't checked the plugs...I was talking with my dad and we decided we are going to change them when we pull it out of the water in a few weeks.

We checked the main filter but not the other ones inside the cowling...I'll check those, not used to all these damn filters!! Aqua Pimp, just remember to put the power pole all the way down so it doesn't take off on you lol..

Comment

LOL... I will never use a power pole while wade fishing. Been burned twice on that deal. But at least I didnt take off with the power pole down and leave the power pole stuck in the sand at the pass lmao. Wont say any names on that one but I think he has done that twice now.

AQUA PIMP
            AQUA PIMP......
            "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Wont say any names on that one but I think he has done that twice now.
              Twice now huh?,.....When one gets up in age like he is, it's a miracle he can remember anything.

Comment

Bad fuel, plugs, clogged/dirty filters, clogged injectors. Did ya notice any crapola in the filters? Did ya empty the gas/water filter into a clear glass jar to see how much water was in it? You aint run the boat in months, so a fuel issue could be the problem. The lower rpm suggests injectors?????
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Hahaha.

No, the gas/water filer was good. My dad has been running it so it really hasn't been sitting that much.

Comment

Run a bottle of Techron through it. My 115 was doing it and it was the injectors.
                    Beandaddy

Comment

Originally posted by Beandaddy View Post
                      Run a bottle of Techron through it. My 115 was doing it and it was the injectors.
                      Beandaddy
                      I almost read that as saying " run a bottle of Taaka threw it ". Blhaaablhaaaa
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
                        Been running a yammie 150 4 stroke the last couple of years with no problems. Recently I started to notice the engine idling rough and was rough at lower rpm's. With the current prop it will usually get up to 6k rpms. Recently I can only get it up to about 4800 rpms. I've been running sea foam and other fuel conditioner to see if that works but I'm not noticing any difference. Any suggestions? I wanted to trouble shoot it a little before I take it in.
                        ...How long did you let the gas stay in the tank that you ran when it started running rough?
                        What gas treatments were you using in the fuel?
                        How long has it been since you changed the VST filter as well as the engine side fuel filter?
                        When were your last plug and water pump changes made?
                        When were your injectors cleaned and serviced?

....could be just one issue or a combination. First thing I would take a look at is the fuel. Second would be what you are using for a "fuel treatment". Next is your filters.

Just my take of course!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda340 View Post
                          ...How long did you let the gas stay in the tank that you ran when it started running rough?
                          What gas treatments were you using in the fuel?
                          How long has it been since you changed the VST filter as well as the engine side fuel filter?
                          When were your last plug and water pump changes made?
                          When were your injectors cleaned and serviced?

....could be just one issue or a combination. First thing I would take a look at is the fuel. Second would be what you are using for a "fuel treatment". Next is your filters.

Just my take of course!
                          -2-3 weeks tops
                          -Sea Foam and occasionally injector cleaner (can't remember brand, its dark blue)
                          -About 10 months since last full service (to answer your last few questions)

We have been running it the last 2 months and have definitely cycled out the tank so I think I can rule out a fuel issue. I haven't checked all the filters inside the cowling so that will be my next step.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
                            -2-3 weeks tops
                            -Sea Foam and occasionally injector cleaner (can't remember brand, its dark blue)
                            -About 10 months since last full service (to answer your last few questions)

We have been running it the last 2 months and have definitely cycled out the tank so I think I can rule out a fuel issue. I haven't checked all the filters inside the cowling so that will be my next step.

Plugs first I would check. When were they changed out last? Take a look at them and see what they look like as it will give you a good indication of how the engine is running. I am still thinking VST.

Comment

After you check all of the above and it still doesn't run.., get a Merc[emoji1]!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X