Trolling motor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolling motor.

I can't decide between the Minn Kota ST 80 with I pilot or the Motor guide XI5 80 with pinpoint gps. Neither one are compatible with my depth finder, I will upgrade that at a later date. Any suggestions?

I think Minn Kota is a better product . I've had both brands and prefer Minn Kota . I have a 2 year old Minn Kota RT 80 I'm replacing with a 112 pound thrust I Pilot right now . But , maybe Motor Guide has improved , I don't know .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I'm getting the Ipilot because I like the " anchor " feature and ability to point it in a direction and have it stay on course at whatever speed .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
        I'm getting the Ipilot because I like the " anchor " feature and ability to point it in a direction and have it stay on course at whatever speed .
        ....I love my iPilot just for those two reasons. Lost an anchor week or so ago down towards Bastrop as the dowel pin came loose and wasn't a problem at all. Just used the anchor feature on the remote and even with the tide ripping it kept me right off the point I was fishing.

Comment

I went with the Minnkota I-pilot, best decision I’ve madein regards to the boat equipment. I used it yesterday on Lake Conroe during abass tournament with what seemed like a million boats on the water. Whilefishing a point with boat traffic causing quite the wave action the record atrack and or auto pilot keep me on track, all I had todo was fish. Spot lock was amazing. Very simple to use (good thing as I left the quick reference guidein the truck). Well worth the money.

Comment

That's good to hear . I haven't heard anything bad about the IPilot from those that have one . I've used mine only twice and love it .

Comment

Love my ipilot
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Mine has been junk.its about two months old in already had warranty issues.. Other than that its nice.

Comment

I only use a trolling motor while drifting upper bay shell to fetch lures in the winter. They're just something else to break.
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Man both are really cool, my issue is they cost more than I paid for my boat. Wow they are pricy. When we get a new boat next year I'll have to have it financed in with it.
                    Green grass and high tides forever
                    Mike Mathena

Comment

Working...
                    X