Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat slip storage

Greetings everyone-

New member just getting back on the water after a long layoff. I have a couple of questions about slip storage for those who have rented slips past and present. I don't want to trade vehicles to tow the boat so going with a slip. I can borrow a truck to get it down there and back from Missouri City.

1) Sea Isle or Waterman's-I would appreciate knowing your opinions and reasons. GYB is out because I plan on spending 99% of my time on the water between the Causeway and SLP.

2) Do you recommend taking everything off the boat when you leave, or is it secure enough at these marinas to leave things like cooler seats, PFDs, safety kits etc. on the boat ? 18' CC

Thanks in advance. I'm really looking forward to getting back into fishing and participating in this site.

Originally posted by sabalo7 View Post
    Greetings everyone-

New member just getting back on the water after a long layoff. I have a couple of questions about slip storage for those who have rented slips past and present. I don't want to trade vehicles to tow the boat so going with a slip. I can borrow a truck to get it down there and back from Missouri City.

1) Sea Isle or Waterman's-I would appreciate knowing your opinions and reasons. GYB is out because I plan on spending 99% of my time on the water between the Causeway and SLP.

2) Do you recommend taking everything off the boat when you leave, or is it secure enough at these marinas to leave things like cooler seats, PFDs, safety kits etc. on the boat ? 18' CC

Thanks in advance. I'm really looking forward to getting back into fishing and participating in this site.
    I would not keep anything of value on the boat. I would take any expensive gear off the boat (yeti, rods & reels etc). I'd leave all your life / safety stuff.

I'd look at Waterman's and Sea Isle. I'm sure they are filling up fast!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I like Coe's recommendations but Louis' on Highland Bayou can get you to upper west bay if he has any openings.

Comment

Lutes!
        "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Thanks to all. It will be Sea Isle or Waterman's. We are lucky to have friends who often let us use their place in Pirates so I want to be on the south side of the bay for convenience sake.

Comment

Working...
          X