fishing strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishing strategy

I think I got one, hoping for some good feedback. I'm thinking drift the flats early morning till 9ish and then move out to the deeper water(which from what gather is in the 6-8 foot range) and fish humps, reef drop offs and rigs?? Another Q, is it best to fish on the down current side of these deep water structures?
    Green grass and high tides forever
    Mike Mathena

Sounds good. Hot summertime patterns can be hit or miss. My opinion with higher water temps, trout will be up on the shorelines at day break and slid off deeper as sun gets up. Find some deeper structure and use your trolling motor if winds are calm to work the structure over. If drift fishing and come upon a bite, drift on through til the bite stops, crank up and circle wide back around and get on 'em again. The fish may move a little but should be in the area until a numbnuts comes flying through and scatters them or comes in fast and hits his brakes. Move on and wait til things calm down and ease back in on the area. Never leave fish to go find fish. Another quality post.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
      The fish may move a little but should be in the area until a numbnuts comes flying through and scatters them or comes in fast and hits his brakes.
      lmao

Comment

Cool, I appreciate the info. I never thought about needing a strategy, but there's obviously a need for one.
        Mike Mathena

Comment

BINGO !
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Check out the Trout Support videos. They give you years of insight in very little time.
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I'll have to check those videos out.
              Yeah, my strategy flew out the window this morning lol, didn't get on the water till after 8 so we went straight to the deep water structure.
              Mike Mathena

Comment

And??.

Comment

Working...
                X