bayou Vista to chocolate bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bayou Vista to chocolate bay

Just wondering what the distance is between the 2 using the diversionary canal. I used to know it as the intra-coastal canal, is this the same canal called by different names?
    Green grass and high tides forever
    Mike Mathena

Diversionary canal dumps into the south end of Jones right by the intracoastal canal. Right by harborwalk. Runs up into Hitchcock and Santa Fe. No fish in there. Pretty good run to chocolate from there. Probably 10 or 12 miles anyway.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Bayou Vista to Chocolate Bay

It's about 18 miles from Bayou Vista to Chocolate Bay via GIWW. It's a little further if you use 2nd st. boat ramp off of Diversionary Canal (~21 miles).

Comment

It's worth the run. Lots of sow trout in Chocolate. You've never seen flounder so thick. Reds to 10# every day.

JYC
        "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

I have yet to find them jyc but I'm trying lol. I'm new to the boating scene. I've always been landlocked and watching ppl pass by in their boats, but now ppl watch me lol it feels great.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerkyourcroaker View Post
            It's worth the run. Lots of sow trout in Chocolate. You've never seen flounder so thick. Reds to 10# every day.

JYC
            HAR!
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Go to Google Earth and use the path feature to plot and measure a path .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

The reason I was asking is I have 2 gas tanks for a total 12 gallons of fuel. On that 12 gallons I can go around 25 miles so that ain't a trip I can do yet. I have a buddy in Bayou Vista but the Chocolate boat ramp off 2004 is only about 20 miles from the house so....Thanks I appreciate the responses
                Green grass and high tides forever
                Mike Mathena

Comment

Working...
                X