Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diversionary canal route

Hey all,

Any tips on the best way to get up in the diversionary canal by harbor walk? Is there a path from the ICW? I didn't know what the depth might be since my boat drafts 12-13 inches. Any help is appreciated for this recent boat owner. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diversionary canal route

I've got a google earth image I doctored somewhere that shows the two decent ways in and out. I'll see if I can dig it up for you.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok sorry it took me a bit but I was buried up with kid tourney stuff. This shows two ways to get out of the diversionary but you can use it for the same thing. The red dot is a low PVC marker with red tape on top. The yellow dot is Harvey's pole. It's a bunch of PVC poles strapped together - usually leaning a bit. If you turn out of the intracoastal at buoy 58 it's right in front of you. Easiest way from harborwalk outlet to the diversionary with a boat that drafts as much as you do is to run out the channel to the intracoastal and then turn left at buoy 58. Run straight for Harvey's pole and pass it on the left. Keep the red topped pvc pole to your left and run straight in. It's still going to be difficult on really low tide days.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Good post Mike!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I took the path on the left this weekend boat drafts 6-8"
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thank you for the info. I've looked at it before and I thought about the path by Buoy 58. Glad to know I was on the right train of thought. I'll definitely have to pick a high tide time to try, or run in a shallower boat. Thanks again lbtsoom.

"We're going to need a bigger boat!"

Comment

Yes , that's an excellent map with routes and comments . I don't navigate that area usually because I've only done it a few times and the looming reefs are so close to the route that I get intimidated .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Probably best everyone stay out of that area. Shoal water.

JYC
                  "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Thanks for posting this information. I too have been wondering how to get to the DC.

Comment

Working...
                    X