Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Bay Boat Help

Hello everyone,
    Just PCSed to San Antonio. Sold the bass boat to get ready to retire near the shore.
    Needs: Want to get skinny and go out less than 10 miles
    Price range: around 50,000
    Interested so far: Bluewave 19 STL tunnel; Tidewater 1901
    Pulling the trigger: In March after we close on our home

Suggestions: I would take any suggestions on other brands and sizes. The 19 foot boats give me more room to add accessories. I also like the lighter boats when in skinny water.

Thank you everyone for all your contributions to this forum. I have stopped using google and come here for answers.

The stl is a good all around. Take about 1.5 ft to get up but seen it draft in about a foot. All depends on motor, weight, tabs and conditions. U can do that with most tunnel hulls ( explorer, haynie, dargel) But what u give up is speed and the ability to reverse effectively when needed.

Id also recommend looking at the Shallow Sport mod V or a cat style boat (team, sabrecat).

I have a explorer tunnel hull and be glad to show u it's capabilities as a tunnel next time I'm out.

As a tidbit, always take manufacturer specs and add couple inches. Like all fisherman, I think they stretch a couple inches but also due to their numbers is based on an empty boat.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE= Id also recommend looking at the Shallow Sport mod V or a cat style boat (team, sabrecat).

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Those Shallow Sport Boats are super nice. The mod V is one of the favorites I looked at. Just way out of my price range. All of their boats are great, but out of my price range.

Comment

Working...
      X