No announcement yet.

Trailer Bearings!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it happens again reel soon replace the axle.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

That sucks Slyell. I never have had bearings fail..........yet! I have a torsion axle now which seems to be working fine.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Kenny don't you travel like only 2 minutes to the ramp

Bearings should be replaced yearly. The bearing buddy just allows you to put grease into the bearings and assists you in prolonging the life. I'll be messing with my trailer Saturday evening.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I would replace the axle now and avoid the cost of bearings and seals that won't last long enough for the water to get hot on that spindle.
          Beandaddy

Comment

It aint too hard sliding in a new axle assembly-I certainly would go ahead and replace the springs while doing the axle. If those springs are old and quite rusty, they may snap and then load is lopsided and not good. Been there-seems I replace the twin axles, hubs and springs about every 3-5 years and I aint trailering much at all.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by slyell View Post
              Sure did. I think the big guy upstairs is trying to tell me something... no more fishing! we found the dust cap in my driveway too, guess it fell off in the morning. but even w/ all that, i would say it was the most relaxing day i had all year.. nice stress relief to get aways from work and everything else. Thanks fo tha trip AP!

try these guys they help me out big time when i replacwed my axles and anything with a trailer....wwwchampiontrailers.com

there prices were good several years back as well not sure anymore being boatless...lol
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                Kenny don't you travel like only 2 minutes to the ramp

Bearings should be replaced yearly. The bearing buddy just allows you to put grease into the bearings and assists you in prolonging the life. I'll be messing with my trailer Saturday evening.
                I trailered my boat to Venice & back four or five times and to Baffin five times and everywhere in between many times over a seven year period and only changed bearings once. I have never had a bearing failure.
                BTW it's silly to change bearings yearly IMO just like it is to replace the impeller yearly.......overkill!
                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Previous trailer, I never replaced the bearings for 14 years......... Even took the boat on a 500 mile trip and a few trips down to Baffin. The key is to always keep them greased. Everytime I took a significant trip, I would pump out the old grease with new grease.
                  As far as I know, they are still good.

Comment

Working...
                  X