No announcement yet.

Which fuel additive to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought at West Marine, which you'll pay a more than normally.

Comment

Is Pri- G an ethanol treatment ? I use Stabil marine and ringfree( for the carburator ) and Startron for ethanol treatment. Yesterday's 610 AM radio show , micky eastman said Startron was coming out with a new formula that is excellent. You also should have a water/fuel separator in a rear hatch as close to the fuel line to the outboard as possible to filter out any water. Is the Pri-G that great ?
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Oh yeah, Eastman said he was having a problem like yours... seemed the engine was not getting gas. Sure enough it wasn't. He had the fuel lines removed and the ethanol had caused the inner protective plastic lining to detatch from the outer hose and when the engine was operating, the pressure caused the lining to collapes and shut off the fuel. He had all the lines replaced with a new type of hose on the market that won't do that.
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by MELL WADER View Post
          The company that makes Pri-G is: Power Research Inc, they are located at, 6970 Portwest Drive, 713-490-1100. The are right across the street from the CCA offices. Guys, I can't tell you how good this product is. They have been treating fuel for ships across the country for many years., Call them if you have any questions, or Chris Mapp at Coastal Bend Marine.
          Finally, something ya'll recommend that's on my side of town.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
            Oh yeah, Eastman said he was having a problem like yours... seemed the engine was not getting gas. Sure enough it wasn't. He had the fuel lines removed and the ethanol had caused the inner protective plastic lining to detatch from the outer hose and when the engine was operating, the pressure caused the lining to collapes and shut off the fuel. He had all the lines replaced with a new type of hose on the market that won't do that.
            Yes Sir, I'm a Sick-O too and heard that conversation.
            I had all my lines changed from the Tank to the Motor with this new improved gas lines, not all that expensive either. It's the gray type hose I believe he was talking about that is giving Motors a fit. Also they changed out the fuel filter with a 2 Micron filter and added a water separtor which is a must in our area, I was told!

You know I trust that man whole heartly for some reason, and will give that Star Tron a try 1st and post the results in a few wks/months. Not sure where to buy it but know "Overtons.com" has it for $12.99 for 8 oz's. The book says 1 fl. oz treats 16 gals and has some good reviews:

wd

Comment

good post... just curious, how expensive is that Pri-G??
              Boats and hoes.

Comment

Star tron can be had at Academy. The newer formula, i don't know.

Comment

Working...
                X