No announcement yet.

88 hp johnson problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well got it out of the shop today.said heck with the weather going to see if it runs.Got to the ramp it was white capping in the bayou.The boat dock was underwater.What the heck gotta see how it runs.Backed it down got in turned the key and nothing.Checked throttle and emergency shut down.Checked wires.Nothing.Drug it home checked battery.Got juice to starter.Tried it it fired up.It was raining so I just put 007s windsheild on it.Sucks not knowing how it runs.Must have a bad connection somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
      Well got it out of the shop today.said heck with the weather going to see if it runs.Got to the ramp it was white capping in the bayou.The boat dock was underwater.What the heck gotta see how it runs.Backed it down got in turned the key and nothing.Checked throttle and emergency shut down.Checked wires.Nothing.Drug it home checked battery.Got juice to starter.Tried it it fired up.It was raining so I just put 007s windsheild on it.Sucks not knowing how it runs.Must have a bad connection somewhere.
      Typical boat crap i feel ya bro
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

I'm having a jackplate and motor hanging party at the house tomorrow.....come on by and have a cold one.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Bloodwork and get the boat registered in the morning.May just make it.

Comment

Bloodwork and get the boat registered in the morning.May just make it.
            We're not gonna start til after lunch.

Comment

I finally put it in for a test run.I'm a happy man.Ran about 40 mph.Thats plenty fast for that sliding flatbottom.With the 70hp it did about 32 mph

Comment

I finally put it in for a test run.I'm a happy man.Ran about 40 mph.Thats plenty fast for that sliding flatbottom.With the 70hp it did about 32 mph
                Excellent!! Can't wait to see what this one will do!

Comment

Working...
                X