No announcement yet.

Trolling motor is now ready to get wet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolling motor is now ready to get wet!

I along with a little help from fuzzy(thank's buddy for helping me out on one of your day's off)mounted the trolling motor and yesterday i ran the wire,installed batteries(Golden Eagle in Alvin)great price.The question or idea's i'm asking is does somebody have a suggestion on what i use to hold tClick image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0364.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	853.9 KB
ID:	568026he batteries secure with.I looked at west marine and got some but they are to small.Does anybody know somebody that bends or molds plastic?The other Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0366.jpg
Size:	822.7 KB
ID:	568025question is were the trolling motor quick connect& disconnect is i got one of those marinco cheese one's a academy...the wires that are in the femaleClick image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0364.jpg
Size:	853.9 KB
ID:	568026 end are not very secure and they keep coming out of the lug's and i got western with thighten them.Oh the trolling motor is a minn-kota 80# riptide.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0366.jpg
Size:	822.7 KB
ID:	568025
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Hey Coe how did the picturesload in the written part.I know i double posted the pic's opp's.

Comment

Looking good Chris!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Your ready to sneak up on them birds now Chris, go get'um.
        A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Chris, I now use the trays that screw to the deck and hold the batteries with the strap. Its a lot easier access now and they have plenty of circulation. Would that work?
          Scott
          "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Avail at West marine made by Seafit. I soldered my wires together & installed Bigfoot switch on deck.
            Today is a new day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
              Avail at West marine made by Seafit. I soldered my wires together & installed Bigfoot switch on deck.

Dawg i got two of those sitting in a bag waiting for west marine to open so i can take them back those batteries i got are to wide and long for those.I was thinking along the lines of some plastic or fiberglass bracket that i could screw down to keep them in place kinda like the igloo corner's that screw down.

Comment

Reeltime,

The trays that GSB mentioned are what I have in the Skeeter. Once the straps are adjusted you never have to worry about the batteries bouncing around. Makes them easy to pull out too.

Txrex

Comment

Originally posted by gsb View Post
                  Chris, I now use the trays that screw to the deck and hold the batteries with the strap. Its a lot easier access now and they have plenty of circulation. Would that work?

Were can i get them at Scott and what are the deminsion...lol two many rita's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Txrex View Post
                    Reeltime,

The trays that GSB mentioned are what I have in the Skeeter. Once the straps are adjusted you never have to worry about the batteries bouncing around. Makes them easy to pull out too.

Txrex

Hey Txrex Happy Thanksgiving did they come with the boat or were did you get them.

Comment

They were rigged in the boat by the dealer in El Campo. They should be pretty easy to get. Have a look at this link for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Txrex View Post
                        They were rigged in the boat by the dealer in El Campo. They should be pretty easy to get. Have a look at this link for reference.

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?...1001&id=921411

Thanks David those are the ones i'm looking for the 24's are to small......Defender goes on my favorites.....They are a he77 of a lot cheaper than west marine.

Comment

Working...
                        X