Tonight's Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2112 View Post
    I bet it's just a matter of time before the gatortail boat has a fan. LOL!
    No need really... I can trim the motor all the way up & it's almost out of the water. If I have 2 people on the bow and me by the motor it idles along just perfect.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
      Maiden voyage went well. No electric shocks and everything preformed perfectly. We arrived an hour later than I would have liked. As we neared our spot I felt a shift in the boat & saw the current moving extremely hard. We gave it a go for 2 hours but visibility was horrible. We got skunked. We tried several areas saw tons of reds, shrimp, shad etc. We missed the window is what it boiled down to. Going to hit it again Sunday once the winds die down.
      Just let me know when you need that 3rd person.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Your day is coming for sure. Its great to get out at night and see what you don't during the day with the lights. Coe do you have a wood floor in the boat???

Comment

Supposed to be kinda nippley. Brrrrrrrr.
          Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
          "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Anyone here been by the old marina on the channel side of Tiki? Saw a couple of nice rigs shining bright a few days ago along the breakwater. Seems to me those flatties would be laid up on that taper.

Comment

Cool to hear that it worked out well. Sunday evening hopefully will be good!

Comment

Originally posted by fishinganimal View Post
                Your day is coming for sure. Its great to get out at night and see what you don't during the day with the lights. Coe do you have a wood floor in the boat???
                There is 0 wood in my boat.

Comment

dang my phone didnt ring. glad to here the lights are working good.

Comment

Originally posted by TXSHOCKWAVE View Post
                    dang my phone didnt ring. glad to here the lights are working good.
                    Going Sunday evening before the close. You down?

Comment

The wood refrence was a safety concern and like I said Sir Coe, it's a matter of time before you realize that what you are trying to do is not going to meet your expectations and a fan is the ONLY way to push a boat through 6 inches of water in total darkness.
                      Remember after you are defeated, "You heard from me first". LOL
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

The wood refrence was a safety concern and like I said Sir Coe, it's a matter of time before you realize that what you are trying to do is not going to meet your expectations and a fan is the ONLY way to push a boat through 6 inches of water in total darkness.
                        Remember after you are defeated, "You heard from me first". LOL
                        Thanks but my boat drafts 4".

Comment

Dude I have been using a a gator tail to gig flounder since 2006 so obviously it works.

Comment

I doesn't matter if it drafts 1".

I'm not trying to be a smartazz. What I am trying to say is people have tried to find a way to gig from a boat with out having to push pole and nothing but a fan will do what you picture in your minds eye.

You have invested in a nice front platform and a genny set-up, only one logical last thing to do now.
                            Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

I'm not saying it doesn't work.
                              Are you able to steer and throttle and hold a gig all at the same time from the front of you're boat?

If a flounder is spotted and over run, can you stop and imediatly push the boat backwards to make the stab?

Comment

I'm not saying it doesn't work.
                                Are you able to steer and throttle and hold a gig all at the same time from the front of you're boat?

If a flounder is spotted and over run, can you stop and imediatly push the boat backwards to make the stab?
                                I know what your saying Bert & the answer is yes. Instant reverse on the prop can pull my bow in whatever direction I want. Assuming water is deep enough. 2 giggers up front is max 3 is too much weight forward and just not comfortable for 3 men shoulder to shoulder. So, if it's me & 2 buddies I let them gig while I run the motor / navigate

If only 2 people I have a switch that I can splice into which engages the already running motor from neutral into gear. All this can be done from the bow via a toggle switch (can I add a key switch up there yes but still in testing phases). The motor is trimmed all the way up 3/4 out of the water with the weight forward from 2 guys. A simple rope keeps the motor centered. We use the bamboo poles to steer the bow. This pushes me along at 1 MPH / hour. When I take the motor out of gear with the switch, the motor inches the boat on calm conditions at a hermit crabs pace.

Comment

Working...
                                X