Whack'em & stack'em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whack'em & stack'em

Selective gigging at it's best. 10 fish up to 22"...We must had passed up 50 smaller keepers so we could fill our stingy state imposed bag limits with the biggest girls.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P8080256.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	572492Click image for larger version

Name:	P8080259.jpg
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	572493Click image for larger version

Name:	P8080258.jpg
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	572494
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Awesome

Comment

Nice Bert!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Saweet!

Comment

Great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you think that the stingy state imposed bag limit could have something to do with why you are able to look at "50 smaller keepers" and pick up 10 big girls.
            Don't get me wrong, I like a broiled or stuffed flounder as much as anyone, but I truly believe given the decline in numbers in state surveys from the mid 90's to the mid 2000's that if we had not taken the steps to recover this species and allowed the population to decline at the rate it was going we would have wiped them out.
            I am old enough to remember when the "Gulf Coast Conservation Association (GCCA)" was started and why.

Comment

Nice work Bert.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great job Bert!
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Awesome wtg!

Comment

Nice haul Bert!
                    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

way to go big bert!
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marx
                        Nice work Bert. Now to adress the GCCA I was a member from day one . Not anymore . The GCCA /CCA is the biggest promoter of killing fish to promote their tourney there is . I went pretty high up into the organisation and I'll tell you those loosers are all about the money . You don't need to try and figure out who I am . My name is right there . I will not give them a dime . I'm not going to promote a massive tourney to benifit CCA . They can kiss my glutismaximus. There is no state decline from fishermen . Tell me why the numbers didn't pick up after they stopped gill netting . It's all about polution and has nothing to do with fishermen keeping to many . The grass in the bays went away because of moter manufactures moving the exhaust to where ? That's right , thru the prop as apposed to coming out the back of the motor above the water line . Please educate me on what you think you know. Tell me why Louisianna has the limits they have and everybody is good with it and the source is still holding strong.
                        Awesome work Bert!

And Paul -- you are THE MAN! I dont support the communist party either -- there's something strange about an organization that is so vehemently opposed to commercial fishing yet they have big hypocritical shrimp boils every chance they get.

I enter their stupid tournament every year just because I'd feel terrible not taking their prizes if I won but for every dollar I have to spend entering I send twice as much to the Southern Shrimp Alliance to counter it.

Here in a few years when you're not able to charter an offshore fishing trip any longer or keep more than 2 of any species and 0 of some, you can give them a big thanks for helping make it happen..
                        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thats A Lot of Stuffed Flounder what time do I need to be there!

Comment

Way to go.

Put about 8 kids in the boat with you. They dont weigh much and are allowed 5 flounder each also.

Comment

Thanks y'all.
                              He hit that one outta the park, I don't know wither I'm mad or flattered but I do know I've givin-up on internet politics and arguing.
                              LOL @ Shorty!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                              Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Working...
                              X