No announcement yet.

Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out and got some more the next day. Got a few nice ~20"ers in there. Should have gone last night but was tired from fishing. I'm going to give it one last shot tonight. Its kind of windy but hopefully it'll die before the front hits. Tide doesn't seem as good, but it looks like there may not be many more good gigging nights before November gets here.

Comment

you a flounder stabbin fool. Wait out this front and hit it on friday night. I miss gigging but my gigging partner is a hs football coach so I don't get to go much since he's always busy during school.

Comment

Yan. The gigging only gets better when the temps fall. The trick is to hit it between fronts on calm cold nights.
        Generaly, the biggest flounder that get shallow enough to gig during the summer are at 22 inches but during Nov and Dec you will see beds up to 27 inches long. That my friend is a true trophy!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
        Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Yeah I hit it a few times later in the Fall last year. There were times where the water clarity was insane! You could gig in thigh deep water and still see everything walking as fast as you could. You would have a ton of giggable area in a boat for sure.

Gilbert, Friday will probably be too windy still. N wind is also the worst direction for S. shore gigging. I will be going tonight unless the wind is too high. Having a low tide opens up a lot of giggable area for walking, so I try to hit it good while low tides are at night.

Comment

wasn't thinking about that north wind. I only payed attention to this for tonight with that cold front blowing thru

TONIGHT
            SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS BECOMING NORTH 15 TO 20
            KNOTS LATE EVENING. BAY WATERS SLIGHTLY CHOPPY INCREASING TO
            CHOPPY BY MIDNIGHT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS

Comment

Working...
            X