gigging trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF
    Check out the fish in the lower left picture.
    Something took a hunk out of her at one point in her life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Originally posted by 2112 View Post
      WTF
      Check out the fish in the lower left picture.
      Something took a hunk out of her at one point in her life.
      Nah She was just curled up a bit in the box. Here's some we got middle of Oct. Biggest were 24"
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ralph; November 9, 2009, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
        Nah She was just curled up a bit in the box. Here's some we got middle of Oct. Biggest were 24"
        You must be really good or really lucky, there is not much in-between when it comes to hunting Flounder. I see and pass up my share of keepers in favor of larger fish but my biggest is still just 2 fish that went 22". I have seen beds that I would guesstimate at 26". I've had one guest poke one out of my boat that went 23".

Perhaps we can work out a deal...You put me on big fish and you cruise the night in style.

Even if we never make a trip. Take you're time before you make the stab. As long as you approach the fish at an easy pace, most likely she will not helicopter out of her bed and take off. Take you're sweet time and punch straight down on her gill plate. HARD!. She won't fight much due to the trauma. If you punch her in the middle of the body she will fight hard and be in a lot of pain and because body shots aren't enough to stop the fight you stand the chance of loosing her as she fights. head shots also make for better pictures.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
        Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Nice mess of flatties good job and thanks for the report.....
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
          X