Planning a trip this Saturday night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning a trip this Saturday night

So I'm trying to plan a trip for a couple friends and myself to go gigging this weekend. I have a homemade underwater light, two gigs and all the other essentials.

My only problem is not knowing the area enough to plan where to go. I know I might get kicked off the forum for saying this, but the only place I know of that I have been to and seen people going is past East Beach. I was fishing from the pier and saw a lot of lights out in the flats.

My question is where to go. I'll be wadding in from the bank. I have a kayak, but will be going with multiple people so don't have a way to get out to anywhere off the primary shoreline.

If anyone could give me some insight on where to go I would really appreciate it. This will be my first time going in Galveston and would like the make the best trip I can for my friends and I.
    Tight Lines,
    Peter Stahl

Good luck ! I'm no help and rest easy about EAST BEACH as I have no idea where that is .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Not sure about areas to walk in. There is some areas just west of the pass. And also around the pass. Find you some decent water and work it. Don't spend alot of time in one area. If you see footsteps everywhere move on. Good luck post up some pics.

Comment

This is West end anglers, so we have no idea about those East-end spots I'm just curious which pier was within view of E. Beach, didn't know of any.

Sounds like you are probably already out and getting started, but SLP flats is a good spot. Plenty of room for multiple people (and there will be others on a Sat. night), and good on any tide level as it is sandy beach as opposed to grasslines which can flood too deep.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Yeah Milkjug I was already out when you sent that message. It was a little poor on my part about time management and we ended up getting down there pretty late to do any scouting for good areas. We ended doing more drinking than gigging. But I will keep those ideas in mind. We should of went to SLP. We will for sure go again and be better prepared this time around.
          Tight Lines,
          Peter Stahl

Comment

Working...
          X