Anyone ever gig around chocolate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever gig around chocolate?

Got a new light and would like to try the chocolate bay and bayou area. Im afraid to leave truck at night under the 2004 bridge. How about launching at horse shoe marina and gigging in the bayou itself? Anyone ever do this?

NFIC
    Karma's a beach.

Comment

I would park at lutes if ur Gna park anywhere...
      Karma's a beach.

Comment

Why ? There are No Fish in Chocolate. The west shoreline (of the bay) might be good, but I wouldn't try the bayou itself. Maybe some of the oxbow shorelines but I would bet it's 4ft deep in silt.

Give it a try ! Let us know how you do. Please, don't go alone.

Comment

I would think there are some hard shorelines to fish from lutes to 2004. Just got to give it a try.

Comment

Nevah know unless you go...

Comment

NFIC
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

what does NFIC mean?

Comment

Originally posted by HLF View Post
                  what does NFIC mean?
                  The mantra of every fisherman who has tried to snag a fish, any fish, out of Chocolate.

"No Fish In Chocolate"

The manta rays are thick, there's toxic waste from the refineries upstream and Plugger almost left Curmudgeon stranded there.
                  At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Gigging in chocolate water ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Put in at Lutes, Go to the oxbow that Perrys Bayou dumps in and the western part of the ox bow. its extremly skinny and sandy/muddy. Out of boat would be best. If you go too far you will hit the barge canal and its a hell of a drop-off. several drains in the oxbow also that may have some skinny water close by.
                      There's Cow Corner also at the Bubble Barrier on the way out if the water is clear enough. You cant miss it as the smell of cow manure is strong.
                      I also like the shoreline of Wharton Camp Bayou and its sandy.
                      Alligator Head is also sweet but its neck deep with mud and sandy silt. It will fool you if you step out.

But take all this with caution as its been 45-50 years since I wetted down and snuffed out a Coleman Lantern.
                      "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Dang I better go hit the spots , walk them right in there !!!!

Comment

Do It!!
                          An old man told me about the best spots so I need to do the same. Those fish belong to ALL of us. But someone can have mine now.
                          They just gotta put the time and exertion out to get some.
                          New Bayou flats are great also. Chocolate has plenty of places to try. But anyone that goes will earn them.
                          That's what this site is for. Help some other "inflicted with the fishing disease" souls. I still get the fever's but not near so bad.
                          "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

I've done real good up by the saltwater barrier !

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                              I've done real good up by the saltwater barrier !

Lol
                              Karma's a beach.

Comment

Working...
                              X