Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at a scope Brian and saving big breeders from the gig was my total impression.

You are still suggesting the gig is the root cause, perhaps in clear water bays down south it is. I stand here to tell you there are not enough giggers and clam nights in the winter to work a gig to harm the population but you don't have a problem with a hundred boats working the ship channel and hundreds more fisherman lining every available piece of shoreline during the run.

Are you really trying to tell me Galveston gigs are going to keep one generation from spawning?

TPWD has special regs for down south trout and it should be the same for down south flounder.

Ultimately my problem is there are not enough gigs working compared to the hook and line to cause this problem especially in turbid Galveston water...I have no problem with shutting the whole thing down for the run to all methods everywhere.

Banning the gig is like putting a Band-Aid on arterial bleeding.

V/R
    Bert Flores
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Bert,

I have never said the recreational gigger is the problem!

You need to look at the whole picture, not just recreational giggers in Galveston bay.

TPWD is trying to keep it simple, not create more regs for different areas ... once again hard to enforce.

I here you, if you can't do it, no one can! ..... but regardless of your feelings, it's now the regulations everyone must follow.
      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
        Bert,

I have never said the recreational gigger is the problem!

You need to look at the whole picture, not just recreational giggers in Galveston bay.

TPWD is trying to keep it simple, not create more regs for different areas ... once again hard to enforce.

If they are keeping it simple then why did they not make the southern trout regs apply to the upper coast as well. If lower coast Flounder populations are hurting then why apply it to the upper coast. Sounds rather confusing to me.

I here you, if you can't do it, no one can! .....
        I am not being selfish at all. Anyone with a clue as to what is happening in regards to this gig ban then knows TPWD has totaly screwed this up meanwhile the hook and line indiscriminately is taking fish with the 10 count and culling who knows how many fish to get a respectable 2 fish bag limit. The hook and line and possibly the nets dragging the ship channel during the run are the real problems and not a handful of giggers working a limited amount of shoreline on rare calm winter nights.

Stop the hemorrahaging not with a Band-aid but with a compress dressing and possibly a tourniquet. Shut the whole thing down to all methods during the fall run.

Mr. Treadway, I have said all I am going to say to you on this specific matter. I have no doubt from countless nights of obsevation that I know what I am talking about in regards to Galveston bay.
        You may have you're last words now, sir.

Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

I'll see if I can get the last words in on this:
          Attached Files

Comment

Rabalo answered me ,But again why don't they make it a game fish?
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Lurefisher;

Same reason a doombass, lying POS was elected as president-"Politics".
              Attached Files
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by 2112 View Post
                I am not being selfish at all.
                Really ?

Anyone with a clue as to what is happening in regards to this gig ban then knows TPWD has totaly screwed this up
                I don't see this as being screwed up at all .... something had to be done, and TPWD did their best not to have a clouser of fishing for the specie

meanwhile the hook and line indiscriminately is taking fish with the 10 count and culling who knows how many fish to get a respectable 2 fish bag limit.
                TPWD is cracking down on culling once you have your 2 ... .you plain and simple cannot do it, and if you catch another and try to cull of the top 3 you will be ticketed ... there is a ton threads recently on this

The hook and line and possibly the nets dragging the ship channel during the run are the real problems and not a handful of giggers working a limited amount of shoreline on rare calm winter nights
                According to 30 years of studies and surveys, the commercial harvets of flounder accounts for nearly half the flounder taken in Texas
                The Majority of those taken are from the middle coast, by commercial giggers in November

Stop the hemorrahaging not with a Band-aid but with a compress dressing and possibly a tourniquet. Shut the whole thing down to all methods during the fall run.
                I'm just asking you to look at the bigger picture, not just from recreational gigger perspective

Mr. Treadway, I have said all I am going to say to you on this specific matter. I have no doubt from countless nights of obsevation that I know what I am talking about in regards to Galveston bay.
                This is a statement I have a hard time understanding, just because what you see, does not mean your obersavations can be applied to the whole texas coast for all the population of the specie

You may have you're last words now, sir.
                Were you not the one that encouraged a healthy debate? I have made it my misson to merly clarify and discuss with you what I have learned 1st hand doing the work I have been doing.
                FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I've tried to keep this "debate" healthy and respectful but you Bryan are the one whom said "If I can't do it no one can'' and that is not my position.

I don't care if you rub shoulders with Chester, spew on the outdoor show or if you you are part of Flounder U. You are obviously biased for the majority that use the rod and reel.

TPWD did not place there gill nets in places Flounder concetrate and it was noted at the scope. The creel surveys are flawed.

There is no way you can keep calling me out by saying the gig needs to be shut down.
                    This is a pro gigging forum and you can find a place for your anti gigging slant elsewhere.

I say again...There are not enough giggers or favorable conditions for gigging to put a dent in the run or any other time.

I don't appreciate it Coe and JT...this is to me serious business.

Comment

Why didn't they put an upper slot size on flounder then?

Shrimpers have been shrimping in Texas bays for what? 75 years or so?
                      Why is it just recently have they been getting blamed for flounder problems? There wasn't any flounder in the old days?

IMO, Flounder populations are down from over fishing.
                      Everyone had best be careful what they're asking for or TP&W might just CLOSE flounder fishing totally in the fall.

KUDOS to all who all helping getting the flounder stocking programs rolling.
                      West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                        Lurefisher;

Same reason a doombass, lying POS was elected as president-"Politics".
                        I still don't understand why don't they make it a game fish?
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                          I still don't understand why don't they make it a game fish?

cause you couldn't gig anymore if it was to be considered game fish. I don't gig much but I am torn on it being allowed or not. I have seen the flounder population decline in East Matagorda bay cause of commercial giggers. They walk that whole shoreline from 3mile to catchall in one night gigging.

Comment

I've tried to keep this "debate" healthy and respectful but you Bryan are the one whom said "If I can't do it no one can'' and that is not my position.

I don't care if you rub shoulders with Chester, spew on the outdoor show or if you you are part of Flounder U. You are obviously biased for the majority that use the rod and reel.

TPWD did not place there gill nets in places Flounder concetrate and it was noted at the scope. The creel surveys are flawed.

There is no way you can keep calling me out by saying the gig needs to be shut down.
                            This is a pro gigging forum and you can find a place for your anti gigging slant elsewhere.

I say again...There are not enough giggers or favorable conditions for gigging to put a dent in the run or any other time.

I don't appreciate it Coe and JT...this is to me serious business.
                            Bert, this is serious to me too bro and you don't appreciate what? Me allowing the only gigging forum to exist that you are aware of? Allowing a thread like this to continue?

If your thinking I'm not pro gigging then your sorely mistaken.

I think it should be 2/man November & December then back up to 5 January - October

I think removing the gig during November is a good thing and it will be an indicator on what effect it has. Maybe it is later decided we need to protect Flounder during November & December? Thus you get what your wanting of no Flounder allowed during November & then possibly December effecting EVERYONE right now you can still catch & eat a flounder if you want to. I am thankful we still have that!
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I'm sorry Coe, I just get pissed being made out the bad guy when I really care.

Comment

Good discussion and valid points . I can't add anything .
                                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                                X