No announcement yet.

Looking for a GPS/ Fishfinder Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I just downloaded a gps app on my phone. I just want something to mark places. I had a few places that I used landmarks to get to by boat. I knew a series of guts near the causeway and they were marked by pvc pipes on shore. Now those pvc pipes are gone so I have to find them again :P
    Resident Ninja

Comment

I NEVER USED A GPS NOR A FISH FINDER.

Landmarks and google maps are my GPS and getting off the kayak and wading is my fish finder....... but again, i dont catch much fish. LOL!!!!

OH and my paddle helps with depth of the water, wading is mostly for structure.

How many people with kayak really find a gps or fish finder useful ???????
      Last edited by fishingRED; March 2, 2011, 10:41 AM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by fishingRED View Post
        How many people with kayak really find a gps or fish finder useful ???????
        I find the GPS much more useful than the fish finder, not only marking waypoints for holes or where I catch something, but also to review my breadcrumb trail. When I overlay my breadcrumb trail and waypoints over google earth, I can sometimes pick out the bottom structure. It's kinda fun.

The depth finder helps me find guts as I'm paddling.
        At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Oleander Kayaker View Post
          I find the GPS much more useful than the fish finder, not only marking waypoints for holes or where I catch something, but also to review my breadcrumb trail. When I overlay my breadcrumb trail and waypoints over google earth, I can sometimes pick out the bottom structure. It's kinda fun.

The depth finder helps me find guts as I'm paddling.
          u CAN SEND ME UR "CATCH FISH" CORDINATES ANY TIME U WANT...........

Comment

Originally posted by fishingRED View Post
            u CAN SEND ME UR "CATCH FISH" CORDINATES ANY TIME U WANT...........
            No problem, here's one... 29.315759,-94.913378 (a catch crabs spot, too)
            At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

LOL! I had no idea what that place was until I thought about it a little more. :P
              Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by oleander kayaker View Post
                no problem, here's one... 29.315759,-94.913378 (a catch crabs spot, too)
                lol.......... Never been, i wonder......

Anybody had much luck here?

Comment

Working...
                X