No announcement yet.

Kayak Purchase - Was it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonny you don't need a seat you should be able to stand and fish outta one.When you get one there are some thing to put on it to stablize it as well.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
      I think both youth and girth factor in! LOL!
      Ha ha ha ha....Do I look fat in these jeans??
      I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
        Sonny you don't need a seat you should be able to stand and fish outta one.When you get one there are some thing to put on it to stablize it as well.

Oh saweeet! Yeah I needta do that instead. My back feels as straight as an ironing board. Curmudgeon was kind enough to tell me a day after the fact that - oh yeah - miight want a seat pillow I forgot to give ya....LOL
        I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by ubermensch1324 View Post
          Oh saweeet! Yeah I needta do that instead. My back feels as straight as an ironing board. Curmudgeon was kind enough to tell me a day after the fact that - oh yeah - miight want a seat pillow I forgot to give ya....LOL
          Hey! If I loaned you the cushion I'd have had to charge you more for the rental! LOL!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I have a Tarpon160. The older model. I love it, but the storage lids are placed far from me. Its hard to get to if not out of the yak. I don't take much with me so its not a huge problem. To do it over again, I would get one with a open area in the back like the Tarpon160i. I don't have a rudder....i will get one one day, but it has never been too bad to control. It tracks well and is fast. I am not a small dude. Well short, but I am not light. OK OK I'm fat. I use a foldable anchor, one rod holder and a carbon fiber paddle. They are expensive, but worth every penny! Cheap paddles suck. I might look at the Tarpon 140 based on weight. The 160 is heavy after a few too many buds in the sun

Comment

Originally posted by ubermensch1324 View Post
              So I've narrowed it down to what NOT to buy (curmudgeon lol). No $175 pelican for me .

Maybe looking toward a hobie or tarpon? I know Jhua likes his so might have to save me some $$$ and find a used one!
              I have a hobie pro angler it is a bit expensive. It is awesome!!! The only problem is the weight. But that is not an issue if you know where to launch. If you have anything questions e mail me. Joshilangley@yahoo.com I don't get on the forum much. But I do fish the hobie every weekend

Comment

Look on crags list there was a pro angler for 1700.00 and a outback for 700.00

Comment

Working...
                X