No announcement yet.

Sportsman's Rd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great info! I was wading there this morning, birds were working between areas #2 and #5, plenty of bait in the water, I threw everything I had in the box at them, not one bite. I guess they didn't want to eat what I offered. I really like this spot, it's a nice spot to fish when the water is nice.
    Last edited by Circle HK; April 15, 2009, 04:25 PM.
    5th Generation Texan

Comment

Oh Ohh

Dang MJ-you gave away Jt and AP's top spots!!! J/K.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thats a winter hole for me. I only hit that area during Jan and Feb.

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......
        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Around the mouth is an excellent redfish area all year long on an out going tide. Morning Glory sand eels or red shad BA's have done some damage there.
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
            Around the mouth is an excellent redfish area all year long on an out going tide. Morning Glory sand eels or red shad BA's have done some damage there.
            I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post

When i first moved to League City and before I ever owned any form of a boat, I used to wade the chit outta that place(89-93) After I had a boat I kept going back just because I knew the place. The area from the tip of the SW corner of the island and wade across to the lower shore has some dang good guts, and in the the middle of that cove towards the back is a reef. I've caught more flounder from the NE tip(deep hole and gut) of that island than I can remember. Plenty of trout in the Spring and Fall, but mostly Fall. Middle of Summer is tough on trout, unless at night, but pretty good on reds, especially in the flat/gut on the West side of the island. Go way in the back and theres a little hump thats pretty good to drift across in a yak when the tides high enough. There is also a large drain that holds flounder. I've walked that back cove in late Fall after a good cold front and the sun had been out for a couple days , and found flounder laying in 6"s of water sunning and you could literally sight cast to them.

Now with everyone owning a yak...I tend to avoid the area with my boat except for the outside area. First time back over there in awhile was last week and the wind was howling at least 20 out of the West. Rueben(Snookdude Guide Service) beat us to the back and they were drifting the hump, so I stayed out of there way. We mad a couple drifts in the area circled on the SE part of the map which is a reef. Thats where the flounder was caught. If I could've optimized my drift, less than 1.2 mph, I'm sure I would've caught more!
              Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I have never fished that spot. Who wants to take me?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                  I have never fished that spot. Who wants to take me?
                  Lets go... I have an extra yak. You off Wed or Thurs?
                  Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Lets go... I have an extra yak. You off Wed or Thurs?

no but I can be.

Comment

no but I can be.
                      I'll give youa shout on Tuesday then, we'll check the weather. I just wish for once the wind would lay, if it does, screw there, we're going to the Pass. My buddy caught a very nice 25" yesterday in less than ideal conditions. I believe the fish are there, we just need to be able to paddle out...well paddling out wasn't a problem, it was the paddle back!
                      Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

let me knowz. I want to try out this new e7 and this box of topwaters I found.

Comment

let me knowz. I want to try out this new e7 and this box of topwaters I found.

Slightly used I'm guessin.
                          Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Slightly used I'm guessin.

rusted out

Comment

Your gonna upset those Auztons mis-naming their bayou...Its not Oxen.
                              They use to be one of the old original commercial fishing families on the west end.
                              They lived all around the end of that bayou and it was named after that family.
                              My Grandparents lived up north of that bayou as well and I grew up fishin it.
                              Sorry, just my 3.14 cents.
                              "Anything worth doing is worth doing right"

Comment

Interesting history, didn't know that.

Comment

Working...
                                X