Sportsman Road/8 Mile Road Parking Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportsman Road/8 Mile Road Parking Question

Can you park anywhere on Sportsmans Road/8 Mile Road? I've never fished there but I want to take my kayaks there this weekend. I just don't want to get towed or ticketed for some goofy parking law.

Thanks

JUst make sure not to block anyone's drive or the "Ramp" at Sportsman's. And don't leave anything valuable in your car.
    Good luck and have fun!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Roger on that don't leave s!?t in your car.

Comment

yeah there is a ramp on sportsman... Which is the road that parallels Stewart & FM 3005. 8 mile dead ends into the bay and is another spot to park / fish.

The turn around at the end of Sportsman has been decreasing in size you'd be lucky to get a suburban to make a U turn there lol
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Be careful, there are some 'no parking' signs on one side of Sportman's now. Just be mindful of where they are and you'll be fine. You won't be the only to launch from there so just park with everybody else.
          "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Appreciate the info. I've got an old Jeep Wrangler I haul my Kayaks around on. Maneuvering around in it is a breeze. Any thoughts on if the fishing will be good there this weekend? I'm debating on going down to Cold Pass or there.

Comment

Where's the best spot to fish around there? To the north of Sportmans Road or is it better to go South over to Oxen and Gangs Bayou?? Any tips would be appreciated. I'm waiting to head down there in the morning.

Comment

They don't allow parking in the cul-de-sac anymore. Just have to park on the side of the road a bit aways. Use the search, I posted up a detailed write-up on that area a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                X