Access to Chocolate Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to Chocolate Bay

Hello everyone. I am new to the site. I didn't even know it existed until the other day. I really like'd what I saw and decided to join. Hopefully, I can contribute some of the limited knowledge that I have. I'm from league city, and am a yakker and ride a Perception Stealth 13. I have been interested in trying out Chocolate Bayou/Bay and was wondering if there are other places to put a kayak in other than the marina or? Perhaps somewhere closer to the bay or Intercoastal. I see a road on the east side of the bay, but not sure if the water is accessible from there. Also, I assume that there is access at the bridge. Thanks for your help.

Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome aboard, Magicman!
      You can put in at the 2004 boat ramp under the bridge. It'll put you right on the bay. It's a great place to fish this time of year!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Welcome
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Yep ... besides putting in at Lutes Marine ... the public boat ramp at the FM 2004 bridge is your best bet ...

Start fishing right across from the boat ramp and south from there .....
          FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Thanks, Also if I wanted to fish deeper in the bay, does anyone know if the roads on the east side of the bay are accessible. I see them on google maps but don't know if they are private. Also, does Lutes sell live bait?

Comment

All Roads to the south of FM 2004 are private and are not accesible

Lutes not only sells live bait ... he gives them some kind of super oxygenated steriods, and they will smack your face right off your face

They are called Brutal Baits ....
              FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

magicman, someone once told me that that Lutes pours Red Bull or Monster in their shrimp livewell which is a perfect recipe for catching Monster Reds in Chocolate!....... ask for the "Hollywood" Special on a pint or quart
                "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Well now I'm all excited. Thanks for the info...Hope to see some of you out there. We'll bust them together

Comment

Working...
                  X