Yakkin' with Reeltime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yakkin' with Reeltime

Reeltime has been on them feesh recently and last week was no different.

I invited him out to my 'ol reliable spot and we launched about sunrise. After a short paddle out, we get to fishing. I started throwing a top and he was using a jig. I get a good-looking trout slurp pretty quick with no hookup, and catch a rat red as well as we made our way out into the bay. After a few areial-strikes from smaller trout (cool to watch), a good one finally slurps it and I connect. A short fight later, a nice 20"er is in the yak.

By now I'm getting a bit cocky with several blow-ups and a nice one caught. We've found they are deeper, so we stick to it and continue drifting. At this point Chris calls out he has a fish on! He lands it and I come over for a pic. Not huge, but a keeper none-the-less.

Matching shirts were purely coincidence.

No matter, we are tied for numbers, but I got the biggun. Not for long... Chris catches another keeper-sized, and then not long after yells out he has a nice fish on! I paddle over, and he has caught fat 23" speck! Getting her ready for a pic, she flipped her tail at the right time and self-released . Not a big deal, a fish in the boat is a fish in the boat, and we were releasing them anyways.

We fish a little bit longer and then head out as I had obligations in the afternoon. The lesson here is don't take Reeltime to your spots cause he will out-fish you! Kidding... Nice short trip bud, we will have to do it again!

Yeah, I'm sure the shirts were a coincidence!
    Looks like y'all had fun! Chris is a great guy to wet a line with!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Looks like there's more going on than matching shirts....hmmmmm....LOL

Thanks for the report looks like yall had a good time! I totally agree that sometimes they hold a lot deeper, especially if you catch them in those weird periods between fronts or directly post front.
      I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Yan them fish are still there from what on another report.Thanks had a great time in such a short trip on the water.Sonny they tend to hold deeper because of the pressure rising.Yan how about them two snowbird dunking those spinning rods tearing up them potato chips.lmao
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

WTG guys.

Comment

Nice fish! And nice shirts!
            Resident Ninja

Comment

Awesome fish guys!
              Tight Lines

Comment

Nice fellas!! I'm officially on the hunt in my winter haunts effective starting this weekend!!
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

judging by the open water with no distinguishing landmarks, I think I know where your secret spot is. lol

Comment

Working...
                  X