Wanna Yak Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna Yak Sunday

I think I've got to get some more slime on the yakmudgeon this weekend, so I'm gonna head out Sunday morning. Anybody feel like heading out?
    I'm open as to where. If it's just me I'll put in at Watermans, but I've been itchin' to head back to Chocolate or explore the bay behind the pass.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    explore the bay behind the pass.
    Dude...no fish in there. Plus the last Yeti sighting was back there so I would definately stay away...
    sigpic

Comment

Well, I got out by second light. I was heading to Waterman's, but since it was already 7, I put in at the park. The water was gin clear and beautiful around 70 degrees and it was a tad windy at about 12 mph. I figured I'd head down oak bayou and fish the reefs and look for some flounder too. I worked my way out the bayou with topwaters, corkys and plastics using the more natural colors. By the time I made it to the end of the bayou I started noticing some hull slap. The wind had really picked up and was blowing around 20 mph. I hung around for a while, but decided my seat was not as comfortable as I'd like so I decided to work my way back. It took me considerably longer to get back to the put in than it did to get out. It was a pretty good work out! Luckily a nice guy stopped and offered to help me load Yakmudgeon onto my car and I was on my way home. Fun, beautiful day on the water. At least i got out!
      Time for a "beverage" and a spell in the hot tub!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

A good workout to start the day with and get 'em next time.

Comment

Tough day Bruce.
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
          X