Questions about lights for kayaks and accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about lights for kayaks and accessories

I am going to add some lights to my kayak so I can do some night time fishing this next year. I looked at some they have at Austin Kayak. First, I am not sure about laws on lights. Are there certain colors that you must use? Are there certain colors that are more prefered? Also, I am looking at adding some rod holders to my kayak. I have 4 flush mount, but I wanted to get the Rods a little more off of the water. Is there are Rod Holder that is better for the kayaks or are they pretty much all of the same.

I am looking to play around with the kayak this off season. I dont do much fishing in the winter so I plan on adding a fish finder, as well as some other things. Is there anything anyone would think that is a nice addition to add?

Don't go with the ACK lights. Way too expensive IMO. Go to Walmart and buy 4 strips of car LED lights. These lights are water proof and flex as well. Use Marine Goop and glue them into place after you wire it through your yak. Personally, I have blue lights in my yak so it stands out. I have a switch in my yak and I can turn them on and off. I'll post a picture if you want. As for rod holders, you can't beat Scotty Products!
    Resident Ninja

Comment

Good info. I will look at that. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X