Need input, got GoPro camera, need to mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need input, got GoPro camera, need to mount

I have been looking at different ways to mount the camera. From the back, from the front, etc. Also been looking at equipment to mount it. Wanted some input on the best way to mount this camera and what the best equipment to use would be. I am looking at the mount from YakAttack. Also, anyone use the gear trac from YakAttack? Is it worth it?

PH,
    I have seen posts on another forum where the YakAttack camera mount received great praise. As far as the gear trac it just depends on how "freaky" you get cutting holes in your yak as to whether or not it is worth the money to you. I have also seen good reviews of their track system with price the only negative, but if you look at what you get and compare that with what is in the market, it doesn't seem that bad to me. My Tarpon 140 has a track system "built in" and I really like it. I have YakAttack's VisiCarbon Pro 360 light and it is a quality product as pretty much their entire line is.
    Happy Fishin'
    Chicken

Comment

Send a PM to JPchavez on here. He has posted some really cool vids with a gopro mounted to his yak.

Comment

The producers that I have dealt with thta use them for actual TV shows mount them on a pole. It allows them the get different angles that would be tuff, from a personal mount.

But if your trying to film yourself it would not work.
        FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

X2 on mounting to a pole you get unique shots. Filming / creating a video is all about how much film you take. You'll find that once you start editing you'll be short on film...

I like to place multiple cameras to capture different vantage points. One maybe on my head, one behind me on a pole like Jeremy does. You can also use a suction cup mount & place it on the front of the Yak. Remember each time with GoPro, unless you have it always running you'll have to press the record / stop button. So setting up the cameras & keeping them in easy reach is key.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

On my yak, I use Scotty mounts for rod holders, drink holder and the fishfinder. Scotty also has some Go Pro mounts.
            Ya'll wouldn't need to drill more holes if using one combined mounting system for different pieces of gear.
            The Pan Fish system by Yak Attack is adaptable to Scotty mounts. Check out this link at Hook 1

At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Could you use that scotty mount, to put the pole in it so you could use it when you wanted to get better shots, simply by pulling out?
              FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

You'd have to twist and pull, yes.
                Here's an adjustable gear head they have on sale that might help with what you're asking about.

http://kayakfishinggear.com/scottygearhead428-willshipwithinaweekof331.aspx
                At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Working...
                X