First time fishing on Kayak, kinda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time fishing on Kayak, kinda

I have fished underwater lights several times in the PA with success, but I had never gone into the bay until Saturday 14-Apr. I knew going into it that the wind was going to be brutal, but I wanted to try out the new live-well. Also, the trip was a confidence test to see if the PA could handle 25mph+ winds. I put in at GISP and stayed pretty close to the shore from 0930-1730. I peddled into the wind, perpendicular to the wind and diagonally into the wind. I was able to peddle into the wind, but it required about 75% exertion to make acceptable progress. I made my way over to Jamaica Beach and back stopping several times to fish. I used live shrimp under a cork, on bottom and free line. All I had to show for it was 2 stingrays and 2 20" gaff-top. I also tried several different plastics with no bites. I didn't expect to do well fishing with the wind conditions, but I did prove to myself that the PA was a safe platform in these less than ideal conditions. I will continue to try kayak fishing, and look forward to learning more about it.

Tough day for yakking. Nice job.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Ex...er....cise....ooomph!
      West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Working...
      X