Highland bayou 6/10/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highland bayou 6/10/12

Paddled Highland bayou for SH6 though Railroad bridge to Jones bay. I did not catch a thing using mud minnows. My bud managed a 4" hardhead on a gulp shrimp. His lure was bigger than the fish.

LOL! Some days are like that. Thanks for posting!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

just keep plugging. Good days will come when you least expect it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Paddled Highland bayou for SH6 though Railroad bridge to Jones bay. I did not catch a thing using mud minnows. My bud managed a 4" hardhead on a gulp shrimp. His lure was bigger than the fish.
        been wanting to try this area, where did you put in? Are the parking areas secure?
        fishin' when I can, not when I should...

Comment

The bite was real early Sat morning,Dark Thirty! Keep tryin itll pay off!
          West Bay Sensai...

Comment

I put in at the bait camp on hyw 6 ( I think it is louis bait camp). there is a $5 launch/parking fee. I feel it is secure lots of people in the restraunt. it is about a 1/2 mile paddle to the rr bridge and another 1/2 mile to jones bay. A light is needed for safety if launching before daybreak because of boat launch and bayou vista boat traffic. Went back on Monday and picked up a flounder.Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-11 11.17.20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	557558

Comment

Nice Flattie what did you catch it with?

Comment

Nice Flattie. I've never launched or lunched at Louis but I'd like to get around to it soon.
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good catch,They're out there man!WTG!Green to ya mister!
                  West Bay Sensai...

Comment

I almost took out 2 kayaks & a boat with no running lights coming out of Louie's one morning.
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I put in at the bait camp on hyw 6 ( I think it is louis bait camp). there is a $5 launch/parking fee. I feel it is secure lots of people in the restraunt. it is about a 1/2 mile paddle to the rr bridge and another 1/2 mile to jones bay. A light is needed for safety if launching before daybreak because of boat launch and bayou vista boat traffic. Went back on Monday and picked up a flounder.[ATTACH=CONFIG]20348[/ATTACH]
                      nice fish, good job. Have to try it next time I get out. Been going to GISP, but launching there would get me on the water quicker. Maybe see you out there one day
                      fishin' when I can, not when I should...

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
                        .....sorry you didn't catch anything fishing down there and your bud only ended up with a damn hardhead.

I might suggest that since you are "Yakking" that once you go under the bridge that you take an immediate left into that first gut. Paddle east a tad until you can get into that flat between the RR tracks and Jones.

......Boucoups REDS in there!!

X2
                        "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I was using finger mullet.

Comment

I was using finger mullet.
                            did you catch your own finger mullet or bought them? Dont think louis carries live finger mullet...

Comment

Yes they do carry finger mullet or if you have a cast net there are lots in the area to catch.

Comment

Working...
                              X