Fishing by Pointe West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing by Pointe West

I went kayaking/fishing in the gulf by Pointe West today. The water is a bit rough so I think I'll try the bay side tomorrow. Today I was
    Fishing with dead shrimp and caught catfish within minutes of casting out each time. I'm hoping to catch something besides cats in the bay. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks.

My first suggestion would be to hit the Welcome board and introduce yourself before asking for advice from the guys here.
    My second suggestion would be to pull it up on google maps and see what the structure is like.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I started a welcome thread. I'll pull up a map of it but i don't think i will kayak out too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Colejo View Post
        I started a welcome thread. I'll pull up a map of it but i don't think i will kayak out too far.
        Dead shrimp will just catch you " catfish ". lol
        Karma's a beach.

Comment

That was in July though, now you catch all trophies on fresh dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
            That was in July though, now you catch all trophies on fresh dead!
            Even sawfish!!!
            Karma's a beach.

Comment

I live on the island, and if you fished the surf yesterday you are one brave soul. I'm surprised you could even feel a bite in that rough water. Props to you!

Comment

Oeriginal post waqs July 6th-old thread.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                X