kayak fishing spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kayak fishing spots

Texas smoke sauce and me got our first kayaks. At the end of September we are going out to fish. So where do you guys think we should go.

Originally posted by Wilderness Will View Post
    So where do you guys think we should go.
    I think you should go to Academy and buy the Kayak Fishing Hot Spot Maps for Freeport, West Bay and East Bay (scratch that, no fish in East Bay, don't buy the map). On those maps will be any number of launches and feetchin' spots. End of September and into October is getting into prime redfishing time so look to the marshes.

Happy to help you further if you can narrow it down a little.
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Ok I just talk to Joe and looks like we are camping out on the pass Freeport side. Will surf fish the night and looking for a good spot to yak in the morning. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilderness Will View Post
        Ok I just talk to Joe and looks like we are camping out on the pass Freeport side. Will surf fish the night and looking for a good spot to yak in the morning. What do you think?
        Xmas bay put in by ernies 2
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

If the tide is high Drum Bay is good too. Look for deeper cuts.

There is another launch for Xmas by the cell tower. Head W. and fish the reefy area by the "fish shack". Or head E. and fish the shell at the points, or move a hundred yards out or so and feel for where the bottom transitions from hard sand to mud and broken shell.

Comment

Drum bay holds trout in September or mostly reds and flounder?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Comment

These are the yaks we picked up

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Everything bites in Sept, one of the best fishing months for anything.

Drum bay is shallow and reefy, which is why I prefer a high tide. Also gonna have less powerboat traffic for the aforementioned reason.

Comment

Working...
                  X