Kayaking Clear Lake area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayaking Clear Lake area?

I live in Pearland and dont always like driving to Galveston. anyone do any good around Clear Lake? I always see a couple yaks at the Nasa Rd 1 bridge by the park in the mornings.

Go under the bridge and into Mud Lake (Lake Pasadena). There is a 3 mph speed limit (so no boat traffic). Drifting around Clear Lake in a kayak can be dangerous.

Comment

"I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

nficl

Comment

Re: Kayaking Clear Lake area?

There's a guy on a jet ski you have to watch out for, goes by the name fp10. Lol

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2
          I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Awesome, thanks guys.

Comment

All I do is help kaykers in my area back to the ramp with a little help!!
              If they don't leave then they get the big wave

Comment

Yea I live on clear lake and have kayak fished it plenty. In the colder months I fish in nassau bay where theres deep water around the docks and road wall. I actually troll up and down through there and get good specs. Other place is clear creek by nassau bay park theres two deep water cuts around the river bends that hold good reds and specs. Also working the deeper water wall by the seabrook bridge toward the hilton hotel holds good fish as well

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
                  Go under the bridge and into Mud Lake (Lake Pasadena). There is a 3 mph speed limit (so no boat traffic). Drifting around Clear Lake in a kayak can be dangerous.
                  I think your wrong about the 3 mph hour in the whole lake.From what i have seen and been told its just around the bridge?
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Armand Bayou is where I put my kayak in when I lived in Clear Lake. Very quiet in the upper reaches, great for flounder and alligators.

Comment

Go under the mud lake bridge, you'll see that bulkhead from the apartments on you left, go past it, and once it ends fish that bank like your bass fishing and youll catch reds

Comment

go to hitchock...highway 6 to harborwalk drive down about 1 mile..put in at bridge..its real muddy in there so be careful...fish the marsh reds are biting good this time of year..not a real popular place so makes it very quiet..

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbill View Post
                          go to hitchock...highway 6 to harborwalk drive down about 1 mile..put in at bridge..its real muddy in there so be careful...fish the marsh reds are biting good this time of year..not a real popular place so makes it very quiet..
                          Lock your stuff. Lots of breaking into cars there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidalguide View Post
                            Lock your stuff. Lots of breaking into cars there.
                            hasn't happened to me, thank god but maybe the NRA sticker on my truck has something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbill View Post
                              hasn't happened to me, thank god but maybe the NRA sticker on my truck has something to do with it.
                              The NRA sticker on your truck will be the reason it gets broken into. It increases the odds in the criminal's mind that there may be a weapon inside. Hope it doesn't happen to you.
                              "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Working...
                              X