Newbie - Heritage Angler 10 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - Heritage Angler 10 question

I just bought a Heritage Angler 10 from Academy the other day and noticed there are manufactured holes as part of the design going from the top down through the bottom. Do i need drain plugs for these? Should they have come with drain plugs if i need them?

thanks!

They're called scuppers. You can get scupper plugs if you like, but they also help to drain the yak. They shouldn't pose a problem for you.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

just stick a tampon in it and you will be fine. JK!
      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

thanks for the advice! esp from Gulfcoast13! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Jereme30 View Post
          thanks for the advice! esp from Gulfcoast13! haha
          GC13 likes those Taaka brand tampons..lol

back on topic don't waste you money on scuppers spend it on ways to keep what you want dry..dry.
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

When it's warm you won't care about them and when it's cold you'll be wearing your waders so it won't matter either way.
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

They are very useful when you are ready to take a leak. Without them you would have to abandon ship just to relieve yourself. The next thing you need to worry about is what you do with the shark you just caught.

Comment

If it's rough and your taking water over the side they allow it to drian out so you don't have to bail it but in normal conditions it's nice to have them plugged because it keeps water out and your not as heavy so yo have less drag and can move along a little quicker and easier. You can buy them or go to you tube and look there are several ways to make them. Be safe!

Comment

Working...
                X