Buffalo Bayou Regatta - March 16 - Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo Bayou Regatta - March 16 - Houston

The annual paddling of the Buffalo Bayou Regatta is coming up.

http://www.buffalobayou.org/regattabayou.html

Check it out - participate as either a competitive or recreational paddler, corporate sponsor or volunteer.

I've volunteered and worked the event for many years.
    I've tentatively volunteered Jerkyourcroaker to help out too this year.

The highlights include the sliding put-in and chaos of 300 kayaks and canoes, also see the backyards and eroding banks of many lush River Oaks mansions.
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Really looking forward to it. Thanks for inviting me to help.

JYC

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

can we fish it> ?
      FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

Originally posted by FP3 View Post
        can we fish it> ?
        If you can cast amongst 300 canoes and kayaks without snagging a treble hook into a paddling damsel...
        At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Tell y'all what. If someone wants to represent fishwestend and participate. We will help sponsor this event and thus whomever wants to take part can do so free & to the extent that the sponsorship level permits.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Darn! WIsh I could commit, but I'll be out of town for Spring Break.
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

The Regatta went pretty well this last Saturday. Weather was Great!

I've gotta thank, and thank again, JerkYourCroaker for helping out with the sweep boat team.

We had fairly minor incidents, a couple rescues (multiple for one couple), one "capsized" boat that JYC helped with, and a rather inebriated non-registered participant, to keep from drowning.

The next day Sunday, I realy felt the after effects of being in the kayak for 6-1/2 hours and paddling 15 miles.

Oh, and KPRC interviewed several folk for their coverage, check it out....

Last edited by Oleander Kayaker; March 18, 2013, 12:17 AM. Reason: It's me!

Comment

Thanks for the opportunity to paddle along, I appreciate the invite. It was certainly an adventuresome day!

JYC
                "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Working...
                X