The Light Switch- 03/08/13 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Light Switch- 03/08/13 Report

Been doing fairly well in Trinity lately for trout. Launched at around 8 AM and was greeted by a bunch of lively mullet and bait balls. I figured it was going to turn on real soon. By 11, nothing had changed except the wind and the realization that I left my bag of snacks in the car. I had all the right signs, but no fish! I figured that I would give it a little longer before I call it.

At 11:40, the Fishing Gods threw the switch and the fish started coming out of the woodwork. The bait balls were being blown up on and the air reeked of watermelon. Threw the mango skitterwalk and caught plenty of trout. A bunch were undersized and none were the big ones I was looking for, but I wasn't complaining! Probably had caught over 20 trout, but only 6 were keepers. Of those 6 keepers, one flopped out of my hands while I turned around to put it in the ice chest and two flopped out of the ice chest in a last ditch effort for freedom. To make up for it though, I did catch a pig of a flounder that went a tad over 23 and was pushing 5lbs. By 12:30 the switch was flipped again. I stayed until 3ish without another hit.
    Resident Ninja

Nice report and way to hang in there. I can't wait to make it back out in the bay. Glad you had what sounds like an awesome time.
    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Keep up the hard work good report lil insperation goes a long way this time of year.Is your yak wind proof,eat fish raw bring good luck lol.

Comment

Nice Job! and great report. Glad to hear you're getting some!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Re: The Light Switch- 03/08/13 Report

Nice job jhua!!

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2
          I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Re: The Light Switch- 03/08/13 Report

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
            Glad to hear you're getting some!

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2
            I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Nice going, Jonathan! Patience is key.

Comment

Working...
              X