Best kayak trout spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best kayak trout spots?

Anyone fish near Louis's from a kayak? I love the flounder action by the railroad tracks but really want to find some trout! Any tips appreciated!!

I've caught some trout up highland bayou from Louis's but mostly reds. I've had good luck with reds fishing the points and the lights in Fredysville. There's also the old sand pit behind the boat shop. Did it all from a canoe btw. Plenty of ground to cover around there. I had a buddy who lived around there and there's fish to be caught. I actually caught my pb trout about 50 yards out of his back door. Not an earth shattering fish but good for me. I've caught a few stray specs out of the lights off Tiki island too, but mostly rat reds and sandies.
    When I grow up I want to be, One of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisherman.

Comment

Thanks! I have caught some nice specs in that sandpit behind the boat store. I love that spot cause its so close but want to find some others as well. Night fishin is great too! Can't wait till warmer weather

Comment

I have fished the sand pits behind the boat store and also the other sand pit where there is 2 boat lifts. My question is if there is a closer place than Louis to launch off and my second question is when you fish the sand pits do you fish straight down or the edges.

Comment

Working...
        X