buying a kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying a kayak

Looking for some advice....I am looking into buying a new kayak. Lookin at a perception sport12 or an ascend fs128t. Any input on either? Main thing I am 6' 250.....so trying for functionality and comfort. Also don't want to break the bank....help if you have some advice......and I am not going on a diet.

If you haven't looked already, take a look at texaskayakfisherman.com. There will be lots of boat reviews. There are several threads about boats well suited for big men. The for sale section has a number of used boats at good prices.
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Jerkyourcroaker View Post
      If you haven't looked already, take a look at texaskayakfisherman.com. There will be lots of boat reviews. There are several threads about boats well suited for big men. The for sale section has a number of used boats at good prices.
      x2!
      Don't rush into it. Take your time and the right deal will present itself. I've got a Heritage Marquesa '14 and weigh 260 and it supports me fine. The two things I'd make sure to look for are a rudder and a comfortable seat.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
        x2!
        Don't rush into it. Take your time ...and a comfortable seat.
        x100
        At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Thanks for the tips....

Comment

250+ ..... = john boat !
            FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

buying a kayak

I have been fishing out of a Wilderness System Ride115, i am 6' 240#'s, and it is awesome. I bought it used, very stable and tracks well. Best purchase i have ever made!

Comment

Working...
              X