Top 4 Artificial Baits for fishing the flats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 4 Artificial Baits for fishing the flats

In preparation for my trip this weekend I'm finding myself in a pickle with which tackle box to take out on my kayak to keep weight down. What would be your top 4 artificial baits to throw at reds, trout, or flounder.
    Tight Lines,
    Peter Stahl

super spook jr, plum assassins, calcasieu brew paddle tail assassins, corky fat boy floater

Comment

I appreciate it!
      Tight Lines,
      Peter Stahl

Comment

I have a preference of TTF Hackberry Hustler in morning glory over the paddle tail but agree with everything else!
        Resident Ninja

Comment

i drift the flats as well...tend to have four rods rigged and ready with paddle tail on quarter ounce jig head, Gunn Dog topwater, corky, and Chickenboy on quarter ounce jig head for flatties.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
            super spook jr, plum assassins, calcasieu brew paddle tail assassins, corky fat boy floater
            This... - except I like full size spooks, especially if its windy.
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I have quite a few variations of DOA paddle tails and jig heads as well as the bait buster and crab baits. Do crab baits rustle anything up or mostly the mullet type baits. I also have DOA glow shrimp and other color variations. Do popping corks with these baits behind work as well?
              Tight Lines,
              Peter Stahl

Comment

Re: Top 4 Artificial Baits for fishing the flats

Super spook Jr she dog plum chart TTK storms and top dog
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

I am going Sunday morning and most likely will not take the topwater off......it's that time

Comment

SS jr. , little johns, cocahoe minnows
                    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Black Spook,Bone Spook,Clown Spook and a solid chrome Spook.
                      TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Originally posted by FLAPPER View Post
                        Forgot the Pink spook! All of the above in Jr size also.
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Here is a run down of all you need to bust that arse...
                          1) clown super spook
                          2) pack of 1/8th or 1/16th Hogie screw lock hooks
                          3) a pack of electric blue hogie eel diablos
                          PERIOD keep it simple sniper style!!!
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by tailinreds41 View Post
                            I have quite a few variations of DOA paddle tails and jig heads as well as the bait buster and crab baits. Do crab baits rustle anything up or mostly the mullet type baits. I also have DOA glow shrimp and other color variations. Do popping corks with these baits behind work as well?
                            Your DOA paddle tails are nice lures with great tail action. As for the DOA crabs and bait busters, I would be suprised if you catch something on them. I will admit, I owned a couple of those many years ago. Try them anyways. You never know what could happen out there.

Try the shrimp and crabs under the cork. Smear some kind of fish attractant on the them as well.

Good luck!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FLAPPER View Post
                              ^^^^ Whatever FLAPPER is throwing. He is a beast out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X